“Forever a Michigan Man” – Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy Now Listed in 2024 NFL Draft

Sunday McCarthy took to social media to announce his decision to enter the upcoming draft.
Image via. jjmccarthy (instagram)
Image via. jjmccarthy (instagram)

Shortly after the Michigan Wolverines took home the 2023-2024 season College Football Playoff National Championship title last Monday against the Washington Huskies, Michigan’s three-year quarterback, J.J. McCarthy announces the start of a new chapter in his life and professional football career.

The big question of what was next for the 20-year-old quarterback lingered many fans throughout the season. 

Now official as of Sunday, McCarthy will trade his maize and blue jersey for a spot in the NFL. Looking back on his time at Michigan, McCarthy expressed thanks to his family, faith, and his fans in a heartwarming post on his Instagram. 

Up against other QBs such as Caleb Williams (USC) and Drake Maye (UNC), McCarthy is predicted to fall within the top 50 picks. 

As for the Wolverines, there is a big role to fill before the 2024-2025 season and it will not be easy. Two possible options are looking into the transfer portal or working with Alex Orji who has a minor presence on the Michigan field in the past but shows promising potential. 

With everything the team has been through this season finishing with a final victory together, change will bring new opportunities to both McCarthy and the Wolverine’s roster.