The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • May 29 / All MTHS AthleticsManchester Township High School - Sports Scores on hiatus until September 2024, See you next year! -

The Talon

The Talon

Mock Trial is in Session!

New club is welcomed to Manchester Township High School

After school, a classroom will become a courtroom with the new Mock Trial club.

Jamie Popek, a junior at Manchester Township High School, attended the Academy of Law and Public Safety (ALPS), and Jonathan Schnittman, a history and law teacher at MTHS, brought Mock Trial to MTHS.

Mock Trial is a club that replicates realistic court experience. Teams are assigned different issues and participate in roles such as witnesses, defense attorneys, lawyers, and more.

“This is a fun yet challenging, competitive club to get into,” claims Popek. 

Mock Trial is for anyone not just those interested in pursuing a field of law in the future. The club is open to any student at MTHS and practices many essential skills, such as public speaking, collaboration, critical thinking, and social skills. 

“My hope is for Mock Trial to remain an awesome opportunity for all students interested,” states Schnittman.

After gaining popularity and attention during Club Rush Week, those interested are encouraged to keep a look out for upcoming information and announcements.

“This club would not be possible without the work done behind the scenes by Jamie Popek. To have a student who is both interested in law and ambitious enough to start a club is awesome.” – Schnittman.