The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

Have You Ever Thought About Writing Your Own Story? Here’s The Perfect Club For you!

Amarillys Jones

At MTHS, we have many creative and expansive clubs that can reach out to students, including Write Club. 

It is a creative and collaborative writing group that writes flash fiction, short stories, poetry, creative nonfiction, or whatever the writers come up with! Writers can explore all genres, including horror. For November, the club hosted several NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) “write-ins”: time and space devoted to creativity. This also let students prepare for the upcoming submissions made to the Lit Mag, located on our Talon News website. 

The meetings aim to plan to collect and organize submissions for the Lit Mag. Being featured as a writer in the Lit Mag helps last year’s writers add more to their publishing portfolios, and promotes new and upcoming writers. 

Each meeting is held by Miss Bean in room 321 every Tuesday or Thursday every week. Next week, the club will be meeting on December 7th, 2023. 

You can let your imagination follow through the tips of your fingers or pencil. If you have any questions you can contact Miss Bean at: [email protected]