The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7
  • Apr 10 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 2, Barnaget - 5
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Brian Swain, B South Individual Champion in Pole Vault -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Joe Kurak, B South 400h/110hh/200 Individual Champion -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Vander McFarland, B South Individual Champion in Javelin/Triple Jump/Long Jump -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Evan Beam, B South Individual Champion in High Jump -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Team, B South Champions for the 4th Year in a Row -
  • Apr 9 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 2, Marlboro - 7
  • Apr 9 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 0, Pinelands - 5
  • Apr 9 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Lakewood - 1

The Talon

The Talon

Adviser Spotlight: Ms. Yates

The Talon will feature spotlights on various club advisers once a week so that the Manchester Community can get to know them.

Name: Ms. Yates

What club(s) do you advise? ESports Team

What made you want to be an adviser at MTHS? Students at MTHS really wanted to create an ESports video game team and club and asked me to help them out. Since I also love video games, I was more than happy to take on the role.

Do you have any goals for your advising career? We have slowly been building the team up from a casual club and into a competitive organization. As an advisor, I would like to help the ESports team grow, raise funds, buy PCs for the school and eventually have a winning state championship season.

If you had to advise another club besides the one you do, which would you choose? The ESports team is my favorite part of being a teacher at MTHS. I can’t think of any group I’d be more proud to work with.

What is your favorite part of being an adviser? How does it impact your life? My favorite part of being the ESports advisor is sharing what I love with students. Video gaming as a hobby can get an unfairly bad reputation, and it brings be a lot of joy to know I can share my interests with students, help them improve their skills and bring a sense of legitimacy to ESports as a form of competition.

Is there anything else you’d like to share? The ESpoprts team is always looking for new members. If any students play Super Smash Bros, Rocket League, Overwatch or Valorant, we would be happy to have you join us.