The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7
  • Apr 10 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 2, Barnaget - 5
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Brian Swain, B South Individual Champion in Pole Vault -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Joe Kurak, B South 400h/110hh/200 Individual Champion -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Vander McFarland, B South Individual Champion in Javelin/Triple Jump/Long Jump -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Evan Beam, B South Individual Champion in High Jump -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Team, B South Champions for the 4th Year in a Row -
  • Apr 9 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 2, Marlboro - 7
  • Apr 9 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 0, Pinelands - 5
  • Apr 9 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Lakewood - 1

The Talon

The Talon

Adviser Spotlight: Ms. Singer

The Talon will feature spotlights on various club advisers once a week so that the Manchester Community can get to know them.

Name: Ms. Singer

What club(s) do you advise? Book Club

What made you want to be an adviser at MTHS? I wanted to help instill a love of reading among our students and provide a comfortable space for them to discuss literature freely in a student-centered environment.

Do you have any goals for your advising career? We are now in our third year, so I am hoping by year five, we are recognized as an “official” club.

If you had to advise another club besides the one you do, which would you choose? If I had to choose another club, I would probably be an SGA advisor again.

What is your favorite part of being an adviser? How does it impact your life? I love being able to discuss books kids WANT to read and to watch them grow in their literacy habits.

Is there anything else you’d like to share? Book Club is ALWAYS open to new members of all grade levels!!