The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7
  • Apr 10 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 2, Barnaget - 5
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Brian Swain, B South Individual Champion in Pole Vault -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Joe Kurak, B South 400h/110hh/200 Individual Champion -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Vander McFarland, B South Individual Champion in Javelin/Triple Jump/Long Jump -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Evan Beam, B South Individual Champion in High Jump -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Team, B South Champions for the 4th Year in a Row -
  • Apr 9 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 2, Marlboro - 7
  • Apr 9 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 0, Pinelands - 5
  • Apr 9 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Lakewood - 1

The Talon

The Talon

Adviser Spotlight: Mrs. Carfagno

The Talon will feature spotlights on various club advisers once a week so that the Manchester Community can get to know them.

Name: Mrs. Carfagno

What club(s) do you advise? World Language Club, Multicultural Club

What made you want to be an adviser at MTHS? The students, especially those who speak another Language or who love to learn another Language, and students who come from different cultures, just like me.

Do you have any goals for your advising career? The 3 most imminent goals are: spreading love of languages and cultures, having students experience new things and exposing students to new foods.

If you had to advise another club besides the one you do, which would you choose? NHS or Key Club. Actually I would not want to run them. I truly admire Mrs Zacchia and Mrs Staples!!

What is your favorite part of being an adviser? How does it impact your life? My favorite part is working with the officers and the members who want to present about their cultures. It impacts my life because I admire the love that was instilled by their parents about the culture they were raised in.

Is there anything else you’d like to share? Although most of the time I spend a lot of time and money on the members, I truly hope that what Maya Angelou says: ~ ~ I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.~ I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.~ I hope I made students feel: accepted.