The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7
  • Apr 10 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 2, Barnaget - 5
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Brian Swain, B South Individual Champion in Pole Vault -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Joe Kurak, B South 400h/110hh/200 Individual Champion -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Vander McFarland, B South Individual Champion in Javelin/Triple Jump/Long Jump -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Evan Beam, B South Individual Champion in High Jump -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Team, B South Champions for the 4th Year in a Row -
  • Apr 9 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 2, Marlboro - 7
  • Apr 9 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 0, Pinelands - 5
  • Apr 9 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Lakewood - 1

The Talon

The Talon

A Weekend In Jersey: NHL Stadium Series Takes on MetLife Stadium

Home of the New York Giants and New York Jets, MetLife welcomes hockey fans for the weekend.
Photo courtesy of Jill Ocone
Photo courtesy of Jill Ocone

The highly anticipated NHL outdoor Stadium Series was held this season (2023-24) at MetLife Stadium, East RutherFord, New Jersey. 

The series started February 17, New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers. Devils took the lead almost immediately with a goal from Captain, Nico Hischier, 32 seconds into the game. The Devils held their lead and finished the game with a 6-3 win over Philadelphia.

The second game of the series took place the following day New York Rangers vs. New York Islanders. After a comeback in the second period from the Rangers, in overtime, the Rangers took the victory 6-5.

Much of the weekend’s atmosphere was influenced by New Jersey’s own culture. 

The surrounding scenery around the ice included park benches and trees to show the aesthetic of the Garden State. A performance from New Jersey’s own Jonas Brothers between periods sparked much excitement in the frigid temperatures Saturday night.  

Next year, the 2025 Stadium Series will be held at Ohio Stadium, home of the Ohio State Buckeyes.