The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

3 Things to do for Mother’s Day

Picture from Pixabay.

Looking for a way to surprise your mom? Here are three things you can go and do to make Mother’s Day more enjoyable. 

Brunch-

Going out for Brunch is one of the most common ways to celebrate Mother’s Day, but it’s also enjoyable. Most restaurants are decorated and have Mother’s Day specials to indulge in. So if you want to go out to eat, then go to this website for a list of restaurants to go to in or around Manchester. 

Painting-

If you’re looking to create a keepsake while spending some quality time together, plan a trip to Painting with a Twist in Montville. On Mother’s Day, May 12th, they will be hosting three painting sessions throughout the day: 10 a.m. to noon, 1 to 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Tickets for each session are $40 per person, and must be purchased ahead of time.  To find more information and purchase tickets, click here

A Walk In The Gardens-

At the Macculloch Hall Historic Museum in Morristown, there will be a free event on Saturday, May 11 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in their historic gardens. National Public Gardens Day is held each year on the Friday before Mother’s Day, meaning there are tons of events where you can explore some of North Jerseys’ gardens. Highlights of the garden include wisteria, sundial, sassafras trees, heirloom roses and more, and the event will feature presentations from Eyes of the Wild and Paws 4 a Cause Seeing Eye Puppy Club, scavenger hunts, art activities, and teacup planters for sale. Click here for more information.