The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • May 29 / All MTHS AthleticsManchester Township High School - Sports Scores on hiatus until September 2024, See you next year! -

The Talon

The Talon

Have A Great Summer
Have A Great Summer
June 20, 2024

What If It’s the Last Time We Say Goodbye?

What If Its the Last Time We Say Goodbye?
GoodReads

On June 6th, 2024, the Book Club will be hosting its last and eighth meeting of the year. This month’s reading pick is called The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand. The description reads as:

There’s death all around us.

We just don’t pay attention.

Until we do.

The last time Lex was happy, it was before. When she had a family that was whole. A boyfriend she loved. Friends who didn’t look at her like she might break down at any moment.

Now she’s just the girl whose brother killed himself. And it feels like that’s all she’ll ever be.

As Lex starts to put her life back together, she tries to block out what happened the night Tyler died. But there’s a secret she hasn’t told anyone-a text Tyler sent, that could have changed everything.

Lex’s brother is gone. But Lex is about to discover that a ghost doesn’t have to be real to keep you from moving on.

If interested, come join us for our last horah! Snacks and drinks will be provided along with an open discussion. If you have any questions contact Miss Singer or me at: [email protected] or [email protected]