Season Streams on Disney+

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lastmovieoutpost.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F11%2F5dd2f8417eece5173a4e8195-1.jpg

https://www.lastmovieoutpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/5dd2f8417eece5173a4e8195-1.jpg

Val Kohan, Editor-in-Chief/Entertainment Columnist

As the holiday season approaches us, here is a guide to the best festive streams on Disney+ and upcoming specials as we await the holidays!!

Upcoming Releases (“Snow-riginals”) 

The Santa Clauses (streaming on November 16th)- Tim Allen is back again as the fan-favorite Santa Claus. As Scott Calvin’s 65th birthday is round the corner, he has the realization that he can’t be Santa forever. So Scott sets off on retirement while finding a replacement for the role of Santa as his family sets out on their new life south of the pole. 

Best in Snow (streaming on November 18th)- This festive holiday competition show is hosted by Tituss Burgess with special guest, Kermit the Frog, as teams from around the world are thrown into festive, magical holiday competitions as they all try to compete for the title of “Best in Snow”. 

Disenchanted (streaming on November 18th)- Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey along with James Marsden are back in this all new Enchanted sequel. Years after Giselle and Robert’s happily ever after, they all move to a new place where Andalasia and their world begin the merge throwing everything off balance. “I wished for a fairy tale life and it’s all gone terribly wrong… Or terribly right.” 

Hip Hop Nutcracker (streaming on November 25th)- This contemporary dance spectacle is a re-imagined version of the classic tale incorporating hip hop dance with the iconic ballet of The Nutcracker

Marvel Studios’ Special Presentation: The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (streaming on November 25th)- This all new hour special shows a holiday adventure between the Guardians of the Galaxy as they try to cheer up Peter Quill/Star-Lord as he is depressed about Gamora, well his Gamora, being gone. So Drax and Mantis set off on an adventure by themselves to get Peter the best Christmas present of them all to brighten his spirits!! What can possibly go wrong when two incompetent aliens come to Earth during the holidays?? It’s the most heartwarming idea in a Marvel project for the Guardians to band together to cheer Peter up. 

Willow series (starts streaming on November 30th)- “An unlikely group of heroes set off on a dangerous quest to places far beyond their home, where they must face their inner demons and come together to save their world.” 

Disney+ Originals

Noelle (2019)- A Disney+ Original festive film was originally released the same day as the streaming service. Noelle follows the story of Santa Claus’ daughter, Noelle Kringle, celebrating the first Christmas without Santa Claus, having Noelle’s brother, Nick, take over the position as the next Claus. Becoming overwhelmed with the new job, Nick abandons the North Pole as well as Christmas in general, leaving Noelle along with her trusty Elf, Polly, to search for Nick in time for Christmas. Noelle stars comedic actors including Anna Kendrick (Noelle Kringle), Bill Hader (Nick Kringle), Billy Eichner (Gabriel Kringle), and many more!! 

Godmothered (2020)- An inexperienced godmother, Eleanor (Jillian Bell) finally has the chance to live up to her title as a godmother to help Mackenzie (Isla Fisher), a middle-aged woman struggling but living her childhood dreams in getting a “fairy godmother”. Godmothered is full of magic, wonder, and festive spirits!! 

High School Musical: The Musical: The Holiday Special (2020)- A musical special starring the stars from the hit Disney+ show, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, where the East High students perform Christmas, Hanukkah, and other holiday songs with original music exclusive to the special. 

LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special (2020)- Fan-favorite Star Wars characters reimagined in LEGO form celebrate Life Day (a traditional Wookie holiday celebrating family and joy)!! 

Once Upon a Snowman (2020)- Once Upon a Snowman is an animated short film following the loveable snowman, Olaf’s origin story before fans first met him in Frozen

Home Sweet Home Alone (2021)- Home Sweet Home Alone is yet another remake of the original 1990 Christmas classic, Home Alone. Unlike the original, a couple is trying to steal back a prized family possession but are stunned when the supposed empty house is defended by the resident, Max, who is in fact a kid… 

Marvel Studios’ Hawkeye series (2021)- Avenger, Clint Barton/Hawkeye, and amacher archer, Kate Bishop “team-up” when Clint’s vigilante past catches up to him while Kate deals with her own traumatic past and possible future. They soon become mixed-up in each other’s drama when their threats seem to merge and find themselves as targets. This festive six-episode miniseries was released just in time for the holiday season since the plot revolves around Clint trying to get home for Christmas. 

Olaf Presents (2021)- As per fans’ request, Disney listened and delivered the first season of Olaf Presents performed by Josh Gad reenacting five of the most iconic fan-favorite Disney movies, including The Little Mermaid, Moana, The Lion King, Aladdin, and Tangled

Live-Action Holiday Movies

Edward Scissorhands (1990)- A scientist dies before finishing his creation, a kind man named Edward, who has scissors for hands. A suburban family takes him in, but he is not accepted by the rest of the town. Tim Burton’s Edward Scissorhands’ blockbuster cast includes Johnny Depp (Edward), Winona Ryder (Kim), Anthony Michael Hall (Jim), and Vincent Price as The Inventor. 

Home Alone (1990)- John Hughes’ classic Christmas story of an 8-year-old kid, Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin), who is accidentally left “home alone” and must protect his house while two burgers, Harry (Joe Pesci) and Marv (Daniel Stern), also known as “The Wet Bandits” try to rob it. 

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)- Sequel to Home Alone, but this time Kevin (Macaulay Culkin) is stranded in New York City while the rest of his family is in Florida. While in the “Big Apple” he has a run-in with Harry (Joe Pesci) and Marv (Daniel Stern) now going by the Sticky Bandits after they broke out from jail. 

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)- A live-action retelling of Charles Dickens’ classic tale, A Christmas Carol, with Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge along with his Muppets co-stars. 

The Santa Clause (1994)- An ordinary businessman, Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) accidentally kills an unknown man who happens to be Santa Claus, due to taking the red suit Scott takes on the role of the next Santa. 

Jingle All the Way (1996)- Howard (Arnold Schwarzenegger) promises his son, Jamie (Jake Lloyd) the Turbo Man figure, the most popular toy of the season, showing the reality of the craze toy shopping and extremes parents would go to, to please their children during the holidays. 

I’ll Be Home For Christmas (1998)- Stranded in a Santa suit, Jake (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) is forced to go to extremes in order to get home to his family and girlfriend (Jessica Biel) in time for Christmas. 

The Santa Clause 2 (2002)- After being Santa Claus for almost a decade, Scott Calvin is forced to marry by Christmas Eve in order to keep his position as Saint Nick. He is also facing family drama while his son Charlie has become a delinquent and landed himself on the naughty list!! 

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (2005)- Four children, Lucy, Susan, Peter, and Edmund, travel through a magical wardrobe to the medieval world of Narnia where they meet Mr. Tumnus (James McAvoy), Jadis the White Witch (Tilda Swinton), and Aslan (Liam Neeson). Based on the 1950 novel by C.S. Lewis of the same name. 

The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause (2006)- Santa Claus is in competition with Jack Frost (Martin Short) who is trying to take over the North Pole. “♩Start spreading the news… ♩” 

Good Luck, Charlie: It’s Christmas (2011)- A Christmas movie special starring the Duncan family from the hit Disney Channel show, Good Luck, Charlie. On their way to Florida, Teddy and Amy get separated from the rest of the family and are forced to find a way to get to Florida in time for Christmas. 

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018)- A “modern” retelling of the classic ballet, The Nutcracker, with twists and turns at every corner but keeping the iconic characters like Clara, the Sugar Plum Fairy, the Rat King, and many more!! 

Animated Holiday Movies 

Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)- Stop motion animation film by Halloween expert, Tim Burton, based on Burton’s children’s Christmas book about the skeleton Pumpkin King, Jack, who is bored of his holiday and becomes obsessed with Christmas. It is arguably a Christmas film but qualifies as both a Christmas and Halloween film. 

Mickey’s Christmas Carol (1983)- Another spin on Charles Dickens’ classic tale, A Christmas Carol, starring fan-favorite Disney characters such as Scrooge McDuck as Ebenezer Scrooge, Mickey Mouse as Bob Cratchit, with subtle appearances by Goofy as the Ghost of Jacob Marley, and Tiny Tim. 

Disney’s A Christmas Carol (2009)- A computer-animated take on A Christmas Carol starring Jim Carrey as Scrooge (and many other characters including Ghost of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present, Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, just to name a few)!!

Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas (1997)- Belle tries to bring Christmas back to the enchanted castle, in which the Beast has forbidden. Just as he begins to change his ways, the former castle maestro, Forte, tries to put an end to their festivities and budding romance. 

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas (1999)- Mickey Mouse shows three classic Christmas tales like “Mickey and Minnie’s Gift of the Magi”. 

Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas (2004)- Back again, Mickey Mouse shows five short Christmas tales (now computer animated). 

Holiday Shorts 

Santa’s Workshop (1932)- An original holiday short showing Santa’s preparations for the big day, reading the list and checking it twice!! 

Pluto’s Christmas Tree (1952)- Chip and Dale’s first appearance when Mickey and Pluto cut down a Christmas tree, the home of Chip and Dale, now two “visitors” unwanted by Pluto. 

Prep and Landing (2009)- Showing Christmas through the eyes of two of Santa’s elves, Wayne, who has been working 227 years hoping to get a promotion but highly disappointed once his ex-partner lands a job. This holiday Wayne isn’t in the Christmas spirit and is now stuck with a rookie elf Lanny who tries to show him the true meaning of the holiday season. 

Prep and Landing: Operation: Secret Santa (2010)- Short sequel to Prep and Landing, but this time Wayne and Lanny have an important mission given directly to them from Mrs. Claus, to get back Santa’s Christmas gift. 

Prep and Landing: Naughty or Nice (2011)- Wayne and Lanny are back but are faced with their biggest challenge yet… dealing with the naughtiest child of them all!! 

Toy Story: Hawaiian Vacation (2011)- While Bonnie is off on Christmas vacation, Barbie and Ken are left at home and have to make due with trying their best to make their own Hawaiian honeymoon while stranded in Bonnie’s room. 

Toy Story: That Time Forgot (2014)- While Bonnie is on a play date after Christmas her toys, Woody, Buzz, Trixy, and Angel Cat who find themselves trapped by fellow toys, the Battlesaurs. 

Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special (2016)- Donald Duck decides he is staying for Christmas with Mickey and the gang rather than migrating for the winter. Will he be able to make it until Christmas morning??

Olaf’s Frozen Adventure (2017)- After years of being isolated and separated, Anna and Elsa, along with Kristoff, Sven, and Olaf get to finally spend the holidays together but don’t have any family traditions. In search of one, Olaf travels around Arendelle, going house to house to find the perfect tradition. 

Disney From Our Family To Yours (2020)- A quick three minute commercial Disney released showing the sentimental gifts given during the holidays.

Individual Holiday Special Episodes 

The Simpsons: Annual Christmas Special (S1, E1) “Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire”- Throughout the thirty-one seasons of The Simpsons there have been seventeen Christmas episodes. The show originally started with a Christmas special following Homer getting an extra job as a mall Santa to get money for family Christmas presents. 

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (S1, E21) “Christmas at the Tipton”- Zack, Cody, Maddie, London, and unexpected visitors are all snowed in at the Tipton. 

Even Stevens (S1, E15) “Heck of a Hanukkah”- Ruining his family’s Hanukkah by accidentally destroying their presents, Louis is shown what his and his family’s life would be like if he wasn’t a part of the Stevens crew. 

That’s So Raven (S1, E19) “Escape Claus”- Raven once again has one of her visions do her wrong and almost ruins her Christmas. She must risk a lot to get back her Christmas present she opened early and accidentally broke. 

All movies, specials, and shows mentioned above are all streaming on Disney+.