Ramsay Reaches 250 Career Win Milestone

Mr. Lister, Athletic Director

Coach Ramsay poses with his players at the first home game on January 19, 2023 after his 250th win on January 14, 2023 when the Hawks beat Pinelands 50-48. Photo by Mr. Lister, Athletic Director.

Owen Edwards, Staff Writer

Coach Ramsay, head boys basketball coach, recently reached the milestone of 250 career wins on January 14, 2023 with a victory over Pinelands 50-48 in a gritty win.

In honor of this achievement, I sat down with Coach Ramsay for an interview to discuss his coaching career to this point.

Q: What year did you start coaching basketball here at MTHS?

A: My first year coaching at Manchester was 2004-2005.

Q: How many total years of coaching experience do you have?

A: Overall, this is my 20th year coaching, 18th as the head basketball coach here at Manchester (2005-present). I spent one year as an assistant coach at Central Regional High School under longtime head coach (now retired) Mike Clemente. Sr. (2003-2004). I also spent one year as an assistant coach at Manchester under Andrew Bilodeau, who is now the head coach at Manasquan High School (2004-2005).

Q: What is your favorite memory from coaching here at MTHS?

A: It’s difficult to pinpoint a favorite memory from coaching here at Manchester as there’s just too many to pick from – but what stands out the most to me personally is the relationships that I’ve been able to forge with players (past and present), assistant coaches, and opposing head coaches over the past 20 years. Those are memories that I take great pride in as a coach. 

Q: What is your favorite sports team?

A: I grew up a New York fan, specifically the Giants, Yankees, and Knicks.

Q: Is there anything else you would like readers to know?

A: I’m very thankful that I was given the opportunity to become the head basketball coach here at Manchester back in 2005. It’s something I do NOT take lightly. I’m also extremely grateful for the guidance and support that I’ve received over the years from my family, and former head coach and now our schools Athletic Director, Mr. Lister.

Congratulations, Coach Ramsay, on your achievement!