MTHS Drama Club Presents The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical

Opening night is this Friday, March 10th, at 7 following two more shows on Saturday, March 11th, with an afternoon show at 2 and a matane at 7. 

Val Kohan, Editor-in-Chief/Entertainment Columnist

Attention Camp Half Blood!! Manchester Township High School is putting on a production of The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical!! Opening night is this Friday, March 10th, at 7 following two more shows on Saturday, March 11th, with an afternoon show at 2 and a matane at 7.

The show features a cast, crew, and band of 35 students from all grades, as well as a staff cameo appearance by Mrs. Gyimoty. The entire cast and crew have been working together for months to put together a great spring performance for our community. Senior, Dylan Delmonico (Vice President, Assistant Director, Playing the roles of Mr. Brunner/Chiron and Hades), expressed his excitement about his final performance at Manchester, “The show [Percy Jackson] is amazing and it’s not what you think it is. There is lots of sword fighting and lots of Greek gods!!” Drama Club President and lead (Annabeth), Casey Cribbins commented, “I would just like to wish the cast and crew good luck. They are truly amazing. This [Percy Jackson] is a great show with many plot twists and lots of combat style fighting.”

In addition to the traditional singing, dancing, acting, and set creation, the students have also been trained in stage combat techniques by a professional Stage Combat Director, Terri McIntyre. 

We are sending the best of luck to the entire cast!! The Drama Club has worked their hardest to produce yet another fantastic show. Come support the arts and drama club this weekend!!

Show dates are March 10 and 11th at 7pm and March 11th at 2pm. Tickets are being sold online for $12 using https://manchesterhs.booktix.com, for any High School students tickets will be sold during lunches this week, and will rise in price if bought at the door for $15. Tickets can also be purchased ahead of time by calling 732-657-2121.