Devyn Quigley’s Stellar Junior Year

Devyn Quigley in action this season. Photo by LORS Photography.

Kylie Miller, Staff Writer

Devyn Quigley had an outstanding Junior season on the basketball court, scoring 977 points and leading the team in steals and rebounds. 

Quigley hit her 1000 point during the WOBM Christmas Classic high school tournament on December 29th, as well as breaking two tournament records; most points scored in a game and overall points scored in the whole tournament.

She also broke the school record of most 3 pointers in one game and is 331 points away from breaking the school record for most career points recently set by former player Destiny Adams. 

Quigley trains a lot for her to get where she is now. She said, “I train 7x a week unless I have a weekend tourney and I shoot 1000 shots a day at least making 500 shots between 3s and mid range jumpers, and do this after school. On top of this I train with my personal trainer a minimum of 3x (times) per week at night.” 

Coach Beauchemin, the head coach of the varsity basketball team, explained that not only is Quigley an outstanding player, but also a tremendous leader. He said, “The most impressive aspect of Devyn’s performance on the court this year was her leadership ability.  She demonstrated how to approach each day of the season to her teammates at a very high level.  She led by example in all aspects.  Her physical approach to each practice was important for the younger players to see and her vocal leadership was as well.  She was always available to assist any teammate at any time.”

Image courtesy of LORS photography.

Quigley hopes to go to a Division 1 school to play basketball and go into the medical field. “ My goals for the future is to play division 1 basketball in one of the power five conferences which are the SEC, BIG 10, BIG 12, ACC, or PAC 12 conferences,” she said. “I also want to play in the WNBA or pursue a dream career of mine in the medical field.”

Quigley is ranked number 50 in the country on ESPN for recruitment and graded 93 for her scout grade.  

Quigley’s High School Stats: https://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/devyn-quigley/girlsbasketball/season/2022-2023

Quigley’s ESPN Ranking:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/252429 

There is no doubt Quigley’s on-court performance next season will be outstanding.