The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

By Emily Johnson via. Canva
May at Manchester
April 29, 2024

Everything to Know About 1989 (Taylor’s Version)!

Almost everyone has heard the album 1989 by Taylor Swift, as it debuted in 2014. The ninth anniversary is coming up and the exact date is October 27th. Sound familiar? This date is also the release date of 1989 (Taylor’s Version). Miss Swift chose this date specifically as a way to publicly honor the original album. 

For those who don’t know why Taylor is rerecording her songs, here’s the story. In the fall of 2018, she switched to Republic Records. Her ex-manager, Scooter Braun had sold her previous albums to Shamrock Holdings, including the music videos, masters, and the artworks for each. So, in a last-ditch effort to own all her songs, she is on the mission of rerecording them all and adding (Taylor’s Version) to each, so everybody knows who made it and owns it. 

Taylor announced the album during her Eras Tour at SoFi Stadium, in Los Angeles. She started off the announcement with me mentioning new outfits, “You might have noticed there were some new outfits on the show… There’s something I’ve been doing for a really, really ridiculously, embarrassingly long time. I think instead of telling you about it, just show sort of show you”. And after she had said this, she turned as the screen behind her changed to the cover of 1989 (Taylor’s Version). It sounds almost like a movie, right? I could only imagine the screams of excitement from the audience.

Taylor announcing 1989 T.V.  

The difference between the new and the old albums is also noticeable. In each song, she adds more vocals, guitars, percussion, and background harmonies. And to avoid copyright, she changes a lyric or two. 

The original track had nine songs in it; ‘All You Had to Do Was Stay’, ‘This Love’, ‘Wildest Dreams’, ‘Clean’, ‘Bad Blood’, ‘I Know Places’, ‘Blank Space’, ‘Shake It Off’, ‘How You Get the Girl’, ‘I Wish You Would’, ‘Welcome To New York’, ‘Style’, and ‘Out of the Woods’.  The deluxe version features three additional songs: ‘Wonderland’, ‘You Are In Love’, and ‘New Romantics’. Each song varies in meaning, going from revenge, all the way to being in love. 

The new and improved track has five additional tracks, all from the vault. These songs are: ‘Is It Over Now?’, ‘Now That We Don’t Talk’, ‘Suburban Legends’, ‘Sweeter Than Fiction’, ‘Sl**!’, and, ‘Say Don’t Go’. No one knows what these songs are about, leaving everybody curious to see all the new changes and listen to the new songs. This album will be the fourth album to be rerecorded from her collection. 

After each release of the Taylor’s Version albums, the fans are left wanting more, for either original content, or even for their favorite album to be remade. 

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite Taylor's Version Album

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.