The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

5 Activities To Do This Winter Season

Image Created With Canva

Winter is right around the corner, which means Winter activities are coming your way!

Holiday In The Park Six Flags Great Adventure

1 Six Flags Blvd, Jackson Township, NJ 08527

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/events/holiday-in-the-park-2023

Want to experience a Christmas wonderland this Winter? Holiday in the Park presented by Six Flags Great Adventure each Winter. Introduced at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2015, it has soon become a yearly tradition. Featured are bright twinkling lights, holiday treats, and holiday entertainment! Tickets are available for purchase online or in person. Select dates from November 24, 2023 to January 1, 2024. For any information refer to the Six Flags Great Adventure Website for more Park Information.

Rockefeller Christmas Tree

45 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY

https://www.rockefellercenter.com/holidays/rockefeller-center-christmas-tree-lighting/

Time Square and New York City are some of the most lively places to visit all year around. But the Winter season is a perfect time to go see the Rockefeller Christmas Tree. The lighting of the tree will be commemorated on November 29 at 8pm. According to CBS News the crew wasted no time to get the tree up in the air standing 80 feet tall. Scaffolding will surround the tree to make room for some 50,000 multi color lights. For any information on the Rockefeller Tree refer to their website.

Historic Smithville

615 E Moss Mill Rd, Smithville, NJ 08205

https://www.historicsmithville.com/smithville-events/december-smithville/

A Winter Wonderland is the first feeling you endure stepping foot into The Historic Smithville. Historic Smithville is a family friendly village filled with shops, glistening Christmas lights and so much more. Holiday treats are available at The Smithville Bakery and Coffee Shop along with a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate! As you cross the bridge to reach the other side of the village you will be presented with a light show over the lake everyday in December from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. As well as a ride on a train to see Christmas decorations as you take a ride though the village. There is even a Christmas tree with a perfect place for photos! This family friendly Christmas experience is from November 24th to December 23. For more information on dates and hours visit The Historic Smithville December website for more information.

The Rink at Rockefeller Center

600 5th Avenue, Rockefeller Center, New York, NY 10020

https://www.rockefellercenter.com/attractions/the-rink-at-rockefeller-center/

Ice Skating is a classic Winter activity. And what better place to take the ice than The Rockefeller Center, while skating right under the beautiful tree! The Rink is available to the public from November 4 to December 31. Memories can be created with this once in a lifetime experience. Tickets are available on The Rink at Rockefeller Center Website. General Admission prices range from $11.00 to $73.00. VIP tickets are available for a skate time of 90 minutes, VIP tickets range from $47.00 to $125.00. Reservations are available for private skates ranging from $10.00 to $60.00. There are even season passes available for $500+. Visit their website for ticket purchases, hours, and any additional information. 

Campgaw Mountain Ski Area 

200 Campgaw Rd, Mahwah, NJ 07430

https://www.skicampgaw.com/

Have you ever wanted to go skiing on a gorgeous snowy mountain? Take a visit to Campgaw Mountain Ski Area and you won’t be sorry! Campgraw offers daily tickets available for purchase on Campgraw Mountains website as well as Season Pass purchases. Prices will range from $299.00 to $420.00 depending on your age and type of pass you would like to purchase. For any additional information refer to the Campgaw Mountain Ski Area Website.