The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

Domination in Dallas: Packers rout Cowboys in wild-card round

Image from Green Bay Packers Twitter 1/15/24

The Packers scored on their opening drive of the game and never looked back, dismantling the Cowboys 48-32 Sunday at AT&T Stadium.

The Packers jumped all over the Cowboys, taking a 27-0 lead after safety Darnell Savage intercepted a pass from Dak Prescott and took it to the house for a 64-yard pick six. The Cowboys managed to get into the endzone before the half, but the Packers offense simply could not be stopped. Green Bay kept building its lead, getting it to 48-16 in the fourth quarter. 

In his playoff debut, quarterback Jordan Love was fantastic, as he fashioned a near-maximum 157.2 passer rating. Love completed 16 of his 21 pass attempts for 272 yards and three TDs. Love was at the maximum passer rating until he had thrown an incomplete pass in the fourth quarter. 

The Packers’ 48 points tied the franchise record for points in a postseason game, as they also scored 48 in their 2010 divisional win in Atlanta. It is also the most points that the Cowboys had ever conceded in a postseason game. 

Packers running back Aaron Jones was spectacular all day, as he had 118 rushing yards and three touchdowns on 21 carries. With this, Aaron Jones had scored seven touchdowns in his last two games at At&T stadium. The Texas native also tied Ryan Grant for the Packers single-game postseason record for rushing touchdowns. Meanwhile, wide receiver Romeo Doubs recorded his first career 100-yard game, as he snagged six receptions for 151 yards and a touchdown. 

For Dallas, QB Dak Prescott completed 41 of his 60 pass attempts for 403 yards and three TDs, two INTs and a 89.8 passer rating. Star receiver CeeDee Lamb had nine catches for 110 yards. Tight end Jake Ferguson had ten catches for 93 yards and caught all three of Prescott’s TDs. Running back Tony Pollard also had 14 carries for 52 yards and a TD. 

Coming into this game, the Cowboys were labeled as heavy favorites, at -7. Dallas was also 16-1 at home in their last 17 games, dating back to last year. The Packers have also seemed to develop a second home to Lambeau Field, as they now have a 6-0 record at AT&T stadium. 

With the win, the No.7-seeded Green Bay Packers will travel to Santa Clara to face the San Francisco 49ers in the divisional round. The Packers became the first No. 7 seed to defeat a No. 2 seed since the NFL enforced this playoff format in 2020.