Senior Wins Ben Platt Tickets

Photo by Mrs. Ocone

Isabella Condello, Special Projects Director

This year, MOXIE provided the Manchester Township High School communications and journalism program with two tickets to attend a Ben Platt concert at Madison Square Garden. After entering the giveaway by sharing a picture showing his school pride, senior Dylan Delmonico was pleasantly surprised to hear he won the tickets.

Delmonico’s mother accompanied him to the concert, which he will always remember. “My experience was amazing. I had so much fun,” Delmonico said. His favorite part of the experience was being able to have the opportunity to see Ben Platt live since he is always listening to his music.

Delmonico’s favorite song Ben Platt performed was “The Wizard and I” from Wicked. “Even though it was a cover, I love that song and that show. He showed that you can sing that as a man,” he said.

Delmonico said he had an amazing night, and will remember the experience forever.

ABOUT BEN PLATT

After making his debut in a Hollywood Bowl production of The Music Man co-starring Kristin Chenoweth, he went on to tour the country as part of Caroline, or Change. 2012 saw him attract widespread critical acclaim as Elder Arnold Cunningham in the Chicago production of The Book of Mormon. Meanwhile, he jumped to the big screen as Benji Applebaum in Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2.

However, the consummate showman broke through to superstar status as Evan Hansen in Dear Evan Hansen, originating the lead role in Washington, D.C. and on Broadway. The New York Times lauded him as a “breakout star,” and he went on to receive the 2017 Tony® Award for “Best Actor in a Musical.” Other honors included “Best Musical Theater Album” at the 2018 GRAMMY® Awards for the Original Broadway Cast Recording of Dear Evan Hansen, “Outstanding Musical Performance in a Daytime Program” at the Daytime EMMY® Awards for a cast performance of “You Will Be Found” on The Today Show, and more. Not to mention, he joined forces with Hamilton mastermind Lin-Manuel Miranda to craft a mash-up of “The Story of Tonight” and “You Will Be Found,” benefiting the “March for Our Lives” anti-gun violence movement.

ABOUT MOXIE

Since 1997, MOXIE has provided student newspapers, TV, and radio current music and videos for reviews/broadcast/airplay consideration and with free concert tickets for on-campus prizing, show reviews, and fundraisers.

To learn more, visit MOXIE at http://gomoxie.org/index.html