The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

By Emily Johnson via. Canva
May at Manchester
April 29, 2024

Welcome Back!!!!!!!

Mrs. Ocone
The Talon Co-Editors-in-Chief for 2023-2024, Joe Migliaccio (left) and Colin McAllister (right).

Summer has concluded and the 2023-2024 school year has begun. The communications and journalism program is excited to welcome you back and hope you all have a great school year.

Look for this icon for the Student News Source app.

We are excited to announce our new app where you will have The Talon in the palm of your hand. The app sends you direct notifications when an article is posted here on The Talon website to keep our students up to date with news and events regarding the school. Some articles have very important news that students should be aware of, and this helps them get that information quicker than ever. Download the Student News App and look up our school to stay up to date.

After a full year with our brand new website, we are proud to say that it is back and better than ever. Last year was amazing using our new server and getting used to it. We have different sections to help organize our articles, those being news, columns, recent sports scores, spotlights, and entertainment.

Meet Our Editors

Colin McAllister

Hi, my name is Colin McAllister and I have been in the journalism program for three years now and am currently a junior. I fell in love with the program my freshman year and am very excited to be continuing in this program in 2023-2024. I am a sports writer who loves baseball. Last year I mostly wrote about baseball, especially the New York Yankees. Although the Yankees have been playing terribly this year I still plan to write about them and also plan to guide you guys through the MLB playoffs and offseason. My favorite player of all time and my idol (besides my Dad) is Derek Jeter. I try to model the way I carry myself off of Derek Jeter, a humble, respectful, hardworking man. He is a class act that everyone can respect. My favorite thing to do in my free time is hang out with my brother Sean, who was also in this program for a year. He is now back in college but takes the lessons he learned in this class with him. I am excited to continue and look forward to this school year!

Joe Migliaccio

Joe Migliaccio has been in the journalism program for 3 years and is currently a senior and Co-Editor-in-Chief for the Talon News website. Joe was inducted into the Manchester Township High School Quill and Scroll Honor Society in November of 2022. Joe writes about the Yankees and loves everything to do with baseball. Joe was even given the nickname “Joltin Joe Migliaccio”. Joe’s column can be found in the staff section of the Talon news website along with all his fellow writers in the journalism program. Joe is ready to help this website and bring it to the next level.