The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

By Emily Johnson via. Canva
May at Manchester
April 29, 2024

Top 5 Best Pete and Elda’s Shirts

If you live in Jersey, chances are you have heard of Pete and Elda’s. If you’re not from Jersey or haven’t heard of it before, it is a pizzeria and bar that challenges you to eat an entire pizza pie by yourself in 25 minutes. If  you complete the pizza challenge you get a free T-shirt! As someone who has participated in the challenge, I have to say the challenge itself isn’t crazy difficult. If you’re looking for something fun and different to do with your friends or by yourself, then I would highly recommend trying the Pete and Elda’s pizza challenge. 

The t-shirts that are won from this challenge change every month. Opinions on these designs vary from person to person, but today I’m going to list my top 5 favorite shirts that have come out so far this year.

#5: The Valentines Day shirt 

Credits to the “@pete_eldas” instagram page

If you were to think of a Valentines Day pizza shirt this design hits the nail right on the head. It features an Italian cupid, cocking back a bow and arrow on top of pizzas. The shirt keeps the original font, but it does feature some nice Valentines Day colors (pink, red and white). Unfortunately it is not as appealing to me as the next 4 that I’m going to list. 

#4: The Yogi Bear and Sasquatch shirt

July is a good time to go camping with family and friends, and this Pete and Elda’s shirt captures that in a fun cartoonish fashion. The shirt features Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo Bear camping out in the woods while eating pizza and fishing. In the bushes behind their yellow tent you can see Bigfoot walking. The colors of this design caught my eye right away and it features some of my favorite childhood characters, which brings me nostalgia and joy.

#3: King of the Hill Shirt

A universal experience that I feel most high schoolers at this point have gone through is watching cartoon network late at night, then all of a sudden Adult Swim comes on and a show like King of the Hill starts playing. Pete and Elda’s brought me back this nostalgia with a King of the Hill reference on their shirt. It seems to feature people who run the restaurant as the King of the Hill characters gathered around a grill with some sort of cans in their hand. It also has that iconic fence in the background, as the characters cook hamburgers and hot dogs.

#2:  St. Patty’s Day Shirt

St. Patrick’s Day isn’t a holiday that everyone celebrates, but when it comes to decoration and the colors of the Holiday, most people can appreciate them. The design on this shirt, in my eyes, is perfect for capturing both St. Pattys Day and pizza. The shirt features a big leprechaun eating boxes of pizza with two mini leprechauns jumping out on both sides of him. The best part of this shirt is the bright, vibrant colors in the background and the little touches of four-leaf clovers that you can find all over the shirt. 

#1: The Easter/ Spring Shirt

Finally, the shirt that I think is the best and the shirt that I actually own…the Easter shirt! The colors on the shirt are very vibrant and definitely give off Easter vibes. The incorporation of the light pinks, greens, blues and yellow really make this shirt pop. Not to mention, the inclusion of bugs bunny and a man in a pink bunny costume really ties it all together.