The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

Actor Matthew Perry Died Late Last Week

F.R.I.E.N.D.S actor Matthew Perry passes away at the age of 54, causes are under investigation.
Image from Macmillan Publishers

Beloved American-Canadian actor, Matthew Perry passed away Saturday, October 28, 2023, at the age of 54. 

Perry was notably known for his role as the witty and sarcastic, Chandler Bing, on the sitcom F.R.I.E.N.D.S (1994-2004). Perry was found unresponsive in a hot tub at his Los Angeles house, according to The New York Times. 

There had been no signs of trauma present after an investigation by the robbery and homicide division’s report. According to The New York Times, early on Monday, the cause of Perry’s death has been “deferred” by the coroner at Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner via their website https://me.lacounty.gov/case-search/ however the case is no longer present on the website.

It appears that the investigation has not yet been fulfilled and is yet to continue. This is primarily due to the period of time it takes for a toxicology screening and other pieces of evidence to be thoroughly examined. 

In a case like Perry’s, who has a history of addiction, a toxicology report could be a useful diagnostic tool as it is a test that checks for the presence of drugs and/or chemicals found through blood, saliva, and/or urine. 

With many potential factors affecting the actor’s death and much evidence to collect and examine, it may take time before concluding the ultimate cause of Matthew Perry’s passing. 

Although gone at the age of 54, Perry leaves behind a legacy from his success in show business to his heartfelt memoir and will be remembered for his presence and impact. 

“Someday you, too, might be called upon to do something important, so be ready for it. And when whatever happens, just think, What would Batman do? and do that.” – Matthew Perry; Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing: A Memoir.