The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7
  • Apr 10 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 2, Barnaget - 5
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Brian Swain, B South Individual Champion in Pole Vault -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Joe Kurak, B South 400h/110hh/200 Individual Champion -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Vander McFarland, B South Individual Champion in Javelin/Triple Jump/Long Jump -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Evan Beam, B South Individual Champion in High Jump -
  • Apr 9 / Boys Track and FieldManchester Township High School - Team, B South Champions for the 4th Year in a Row -
  • Apr 9 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 2, Marlboro - 7
  • Apr 9 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 0, Pinelands - 5
  • Apr 9 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Lakewood - 1

The Talon

The Talon

Hawks to Battle at the Beach

The Varsity Football Team Continues to Make History
Image Designed by Gavin Herr

The Manchester Township High School Varsity Football Team will take on West Deptford in the Battle at the Beach Football Showcase on Thursday, August 29, 2024.

Battle at the Beach is an extraordinary South Jersey Football Showcase that takes place at Ocean City High School in Ocean City, New Jersey. The event was established in 2021 following the first full football season since Covid. This is the fourth year of the showcase and the first time Manchester has been invited to participate. 

The Hawks will be the only shore area team facing off in Battle of the Beach

The Hawks are coming off a historic season, after being the first team in school history to produce 8 wins, and for second year head coach Tommy Farrell, his first winning season. Although Manchester is losing multiple standout players due to graduation, the Hawks are looking to continue achieving big things in the 2024 season after being placed in the C South division where they will face Barnegat, Jackson Liberty, Lakewood, Pinelands, and Monmouth Regional.

For their out of division games they will kickoff against Point Pleasant Beach, Rumson Fair Haven, Southern Regional, and West Deptford in their season opener at Battle of the Beach.