Netflix’s Marvel’s The Defenders Saga Has a New Home on Disney+ Ft. Iron Fist (Pt. 4)

This article is part of the entertainment column “The Daily Bugle” DareDevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and other successful Netflix Marvel shows have shifted from Netflix to their new streaming home of Disney+. The Defenders Saga is officially canonized and fans are wondering if after Charlie Cox’s cameo in Spider-Man: No Way Home, are more to come by fellow Defenders? **Part Four only talks about the immortal Iron Fist, Danny Rand, in Iron Fist.**

https%3A%2F%2Fhotcorn-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F2%2F2018%2F07%2F30122303%2FIron-Fist-2-758x426.jpg

https://hotcorn-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/30122303/Iron-Fist-2-758×426.jpg

Val Kohan, Editor-in-Chief/Entertainment Columnist

Danny Rand: “I’m not just an ordinary fighter, okay? I’m the Iron Fist.” 

After the success of Spider-Man: No Way Home with Charlie Cox’s cameo as the really good lawyer, Matt Murdock and the main villain of Hawkeye turning out to be Vincent D’Onofrio as the Kingpin. Making not just DareDevil canonized in the Marvel Cinematic Universe but all the other Netflix series including Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders, and The Punisher. It was recently announced that both Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio will not only be returning for the Echo series but with the surprise announcement of DareDevil: Born Again. Though DareDevil: Born Again will not release until Spring of 2024, Matt Murdock will team up with fellow lawyer, Jen Walters, in episode eight of She-Hulk: Attorney At Law, streaming on Disney+ October 6th, 2022. 

**Please note that it is suggested by fans that all these series should be watched in a specific order since they do all connect like every other Marvel project and each show has significant impact on one another, especially DareDevil. The order release just happens to be in chronological order, the order in which they should be watched. It includes DareDevil (season one), Jessica Jones (season one), DareDevil (season two), Luke Cage (season one), Iron Fist (season one), The Defenders (limited mini series), The Punisher (season one), Jessica Jones (season two), Luke Cage (season two), Iron Fist (season two), DareDevil (season three), The Punisher (season three), and Jessica Jones (season three). 

All the shows shifted to Disney+ Wednesday, March 23rd, since all of the shows are rated-MA due to violence and gore, profanity, sexually explicit themes, and intense scenes. When Disney announced they were bringing the Netflix series to their family friendly streaming service this sparked controversial problems. But no need to fear, parents must know that there are extreme changes on the parental controls. In order to access any MA rated shows you must enter your Disney+ password and for more security a four number passcode. 

All seasons are bingeable and streaming only on Disney+. 

This article, “Marvel’s The Defenders Saga Has a New Home on Disney+ Ft. Iron Fist (Pt. 4)” is the fourth part of the Defenders Saga article series. Part four only talks  about the immortal Iron Fist, Danny Rand, in Iron Fist.

PREVIOUS ARTICLES  

Read about DareDevil in “Marvel’s The Defenders Saga Has a New Home on Disney+ Ft. DareDevil (Pt. 1)” https://talonnews.org/810/entertainment/netflixs-marvels-the-defenders-saga-has-a-new-home-on-disney-ft-daredevil-pt-1/

Read about Jessica Jones in “Marvel’s The Defenders Saga Has a New Home on Disney+ Ft. Jessica Jones (Pt. 2)” https://talonnews.org/844/entertainment/netflixs-marvels-the-defenders-saga-has-a-new-home-on-disney-ft-jessica-jones-pt-2/

Read about Luke Cage in “Marvel’s The Defenders Saga Has a New Home on Disney+ Ft. Luke Cage (Pt. 3)” https://talonnews.org/877/entertainment/netflixs-marvels-the-defenders-saga-has-a-new-home-on-disney-ft-luke-cage-pt-3/

“when focusing his chi into his fist, he can make it super powerful and amplify its force.”

Iron Fist (2017-2018)

After a deadly plane crash in the Himalayas, Danny Rand was presumed dead since his parents were killed in the crash. Danny survived the crash but spent that time in K’un-Lun learning the way of the fist. As he trained and fought he took the Trial of Shou-Lao and became the immortal Iron Fist. Iron Fist’s duty and purpose is to destroy all members and anything connected to the Hand. Fifteen years after the crash, Danny returns home to New York City to reclaim his family’s business but still paranoid knowing the Hand is around. 

Iron Fist Comic Suit Teased

In the second season of Iron Fist, fans get a glimpse of the comic accurate suit, that includes the bright yellow headpiece that is also used as a mask, in a flashback sequence of his training. This was actually one of the biggest critiques about the series because thirteen episodes into the first season of Iron Fist and he never adapted a suit or anything. Many complained that he just fought in a hoodie.

Still from season two of Iron Fist of Danny Rand training in his comic accurate costume that includes his bright yellow headpiece also used as a mask.

Opinion on Iron Fist 

I truly believe that the Iron Fist series gets a bad rep since it is shadowed by blockbuster shows like DareDevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and The Punisher (which are all critically acclaimed). Many disliked the casting choice for Danny Rand at first. Some believe that Finn Jones just did not fit the character. This being said I would love to see Finn Jones return as Iron Fist as a sort of redemption. The past couple MCU movies, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, have brought back OG Marvel characters and their original actors. With Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield back even though both received critical backlash for their portrayals of Spider-Man, reviews said Spider-Man 3 was too cringe worthy and Andrew Gartfield in the role of Peter Parker was too emo and broody. Whereas in Multiverse of Madness Patrick Stewart return as Professor X thrilled fans even though it was teased in the trailers. The biggest surprise in the film was when Anson Mount reprised his role as Black Bolt in a comic accurate costume after his Inhumans show flopped and barely aired for one season. Black Bolt in Multiverse of Madness was done right by Marvel, this being said, if Iron Fist were to join the MCU with Finn Jones as Danny Rand, there would be a good chance that Marvel would follow the comic storyline and suit. 

Will Danny Rand Return After Netflix’s Cancellation??

Similar to Jessica Jones, there is so much uncertainty if or when Finn Jones (Danny Rand) AKA Iron Fist will return in any future MCU projects. After the series made the shift to Disney+ the series is popular once again and rumors are resurfacing on Jones’ return as the Immortal Iron Fist. Now that all the Netflix Defender Saga are canonized the biggest questions fans have due to the Matt Murdock cameo in No Way Home and the Kingpin villain plot in Hawkeye. Thanks to the Loki series messing with the MCU story and multiverse, were the Matt Murdock and the Kingpin cameos the characters we’ve seen in the Netflix series or variants?? It was just confirmed that both of those cameos are NOT variants meaning they are the characters fans have known and loved since 2015. 

Thanks to the shift to Disney+, both Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio will not only be returning for the Echo series but with the surprise announcement of DareDevil: Born Again. Though DareDevil: Born Again will not release until Spring of 2024, Matt Murdock will team up with fellow lawyer, Jen Walters, in episode eight of She-Hulk: Attorney At Law, streaming on Disney+ October 6th, 2022. Krysten Ritter was supposed to return as one of New York’s best Private Investigators, Jessica Jones, but due to scheduling conflicts Jon Bernthal is now taking her part in the series as he is rumored to cameo as Frank Castle AKA The Punisher. 

Fans truly believe that the best time to bring in Danny Rand into the MCU and have the Netflix series loosely connected would be for him to have a major role in a Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings sequel. Due to the backlash Finn Jones received as the title role of Iron Fist, it is unsure if Marvel Studios would recast. This is a similar situation to the character of Luke Cage returning. Sources recently announced that the President of Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige, is not interested in bringing Mike Colter back as Luke Cage. Since the stage is perfectly set for the character to be introduced now, what project would Jones be willing to return for? In a recent interview with Finn Jones shared his opinion on his character joining the MCU. He stated, “I would love to continue playing that character. I think there’s a lot of room for growth. Personally, where I would like to see the reintroduction of the character would be something like a Heroes for Hire TV series.” If Marvel was interested in having a Heroes for Hire series both Iron Fist and Luke Cage would need to return. 

Who’s Who in Iron Fist

The Iron Fist cast includes Finn Jones (Danny Rand/Iron Fist), Jessica Henwick (Colleen Wing), Jessica Stroup (Joy Meachum), Tom Pelphrey (Ward Meachum), and Rosario Dawson (Claire Temple). 

“I was a warrior. Only in the middle of a fight did I fully come alive. The harder someone hit me, the more everything came into focus.” 

Both seasons of Iron Fist are streaming (again)!!