The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

By Emily Johnson via. Canva
May at Manchester
April 29, 2024

Things to Add to Your Winter Wishlist!

Don’t know what you want to add to your Christmas list? Check out some ideas!
Things to Add to Your Winter Wishlist!

Everybody knows that feeling when your family starts to ask you what you want for Christmas, and you don’t know what to say. Usually, TikTok or Pinterest helps you find ideas but that can be difficult to think of what to look up. Usually, when you do find out what you want, those things can be pricey, so I will be also listing similar items that are almost the same or are the same as the expensive version. 

Let’s start with skincare or hygienic ideas. A very popular brand, Sol de JANEIRO is trending with teenage girls at the moment. These perfumes, body washes, lotions, etc can range from 30$- 60$ or more, depending on what you buy. But TreeHut has a lotion, body scrub, and shaving oil, called Tropical Glow, that smells the same as SOL de JANERIO. These items range from 7$- $20, depending on where you buy from. 

Another expensive brand would be Olaplex. This brand is mainly focused on hair care. A couple of things they are known for are N°.7 hair oil and No.8 Intense Moisture Mask. A dupe for the N°7 hair oil would be the OUAI Hair Oil. This oil is usable on wet and dry hair and is suitable for all hair types. The travel size costs about under 14$ at Sephora. The cost listed on the Olaplex website is 30$ for their hair oil. For the No.8 Intense Moisture Mask, a well-known dupe is the Elizavecca Collagen Mask. This mask boosts your hair’s health, while at the same time, giving it the nutrients that it needs. These nutrients consist of collagen, ceramide, keratin, and more. It also works as a way to strengthen your hair and their bonds. N°6 Bonding Plex is a cream that is used as a styling cream when your hair is wet. 

What the Tasman Slipper looks like
Photo taken from the official Uggs website

Something else that is great to give is the Tasman Slippers by Uggs. These slippers are always on everybody’s wishlist and are very cozy. The official price on the Uggs website is listed as $110, and this disincludes the sales tax and shipping fees.  A very good dupe for these is on Amazon and their name is Varecola Faux Suede Platform Tassman Slipper. And instead of paying $110, you pay $30. The customer reviews and pictures submitted are great and very helpful if you plan to order these.

Sometimes it’s hard to think of little gifts to give, or some stocking stuffers you can use. A couple of ideas you can use are candy, some makeup, body care (shaving kits, body washes, lotions, skin care, etc), hair supplies (shampoo, conditioner, hair masks, hair ties, combs/brushes, etc), tech stuff (AirPod case, new phone charger, new phone case, etc), gift cards to their favorite places, candles or room scents, and card games.