The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

By Emily Johnson via. Canva
May at Manchester
April 29, 2024

Adviser Spotlight: Mrs. Staples

The Talon will feature spotlights on various club advisers once a week so that the Manchester Community can get to know them.

Name: Mrs. Staples

What club(s) do you advise? NHS, Junior Achievement, Future Educators

What made you want to be an adviser at MTHS?I have always been involved in extra-curricular activities here at MTHS, whether it be SGA, FEA, JA, etc. The opportunity to offer experiences to our hawk community that extend beyond the halls of MTHS has been so important to me. Those volunteer and school spirited memories have been meaningful to our Hawks–past and present! That’s what keeps me advising.

Do you have any goals for your advising career? I would love to extend our JA Volunteers to other teaching opportunities this year. Likewise, we have so many students who have expressed an interest in pursuing a career in education, so I am hoping to have experiences and campus visits made available to them throughout the year through NJFEA. For NHS, my goal is to continue working alongside our officers and community to expand our volunteer efforts and increase our community connections to meet the needs of Manchester and Ocean County.

If you had to advise another club besides the one you do, which would you choose? I love what Ms Singer is doing with Book Club & cannot wait to see the expansion of Writing Club led by Miss Bean for our students. I would LOVE to see more poetry and spoken word performance opportunities for our school community.

What is your favorite part of being an adviser? How does it impact your life? Building The connections to our students and the way their ideas and goals continue to inspire others (including me).

Is there anything else you’d like to share? If any MTHS students are interested in community service causes or have an idea for a club or organization, don’t hesitate to reach out and share your ideas!