She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Six: “Just Jen” Breakdown and Guide

This article is part of the entertainment column “The Daily Bugle” “Don’t make me angry… You wouldn’t like me angry…” When Jen is invited to an old friend’s wedding as a bridesmaid, can she juggle her normal life as just Jen as well as her unique She-Hulk hero issues??

https%3A%2F%2Fi0.wp.com%2Fhighoncinemaa.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F09%2FShe-Hulk-Episode-6-Review-Still-Horrible-and-Still-No-Daredevil.jpg%3Ffit%3D1024%252C576%26ssl%3D1

https://i0.wp.com/highoncinemaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/She-Hulk-Episode-6-Review-Still-Horrible-and-Still-No-Daredevil.jpg?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Val Kohan, Editor-in-Chief/Entertainment Columnist

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Six: “Just Jen”

originally aired on September 22nd, 2022.

Spoilers Ahead!

Though She-Hulk has already appeared in other animated series this is the first time She-Hulk has ever been live-action with her own solo project on Disney+. Since the Incredible Hulk is a more popular character than She-Hulk, her comic history isn’t as known. So before watching She-Hulk: Attorney At Law fans should know some basic background information on a lesser known character. The character of She-Hulk first appeared in 1980 in her own solo comic book series, She-Hulk. Jennifer Walters, our main character of the series, later transforms into the title character. Jen is just a normal lawyer, well not that normal. She is an attorney at law in Los Angeles hence the title of the Disney+ series. She first becomes She-Hulk after obtaining a dangerous injury, Jennifer gets a blood transfusion with donated blood from her cousin, Bruce Banner. Due to acquiring some of his blood, she becomes a milder version of the Hulk… AKA She-Hulk. 

(this episode runs for thirty-one minutes)

PREVIOUS ARTICLES:

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Series Premiere Episode One: ‘Normal Amount of Rage’ Breakdown and Guide” which shows the origin story of how Jennifer Walters, an attorney at law, was left with superpowers turning her into a Hulk!! Well… a She-Hulk. Can Jen return back to her normal life as a lawyer or will trouble find her superpowered counterpart??

https://talonnews.org/1047/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-series-premiere-episode-one-normal-amount-of-rage-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Two: ‘Superhuman Law’ Breakdown and Guide” where Jennifer Walters is let go from her previous law firm but is now hired by a more prestigious one. Only catch, she must practice as She-Hulk. GLK/H hired She-Hulk not Jennifer. Will this affect Jen’s work while she deals with a difficult client who is a bit of an abomination??

https://talonnews.org/1143/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-two-superhuman-law-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Three: ‘The People vs. Emil Blonsky’ Breakdown and Guide” where Jennifer Walters has to represent her client, Emil Blonsky, who is a bit of an abomination, as he is up for parole. But at a hearing revolving around an ex-military science experiment who did attack her cousin, Bruce, what’s the worst that can happen?? Will tracking down the Sorcerer Supreme help her case or cause more trouble??

https://talonnews.org/1273/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-three-the-people-vs-emil-blonsky-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Four: “Is This Not Real Magic?” Breakdown and Guide” where Wongers needs Jen’s help after a rogue magician (a former student of the Mystic Arts at Kamar-Taj), Donny Blaze, who is a stage magician, starts sending people from the audience through portals and putting them in grave danger!! Wongers meets his new best friend, Madisynn- “with two Ns, one Y but it’s not where you thiiiiiiiink!!” 

https://talonnews.org/1286/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-four-is-this-not-real-magic-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Five: “Mean, Green, and Straight Poured into These Jeans” Breakdown and Guide” where Jennifer Walters, AKA an attorney at law, is being sued for trademark infringement, by, you’d never guess, Titania. Jen quickly learns that Titania trademarked the name “She-Hulk” and now that she owns Jen’s superhero alias does that mean she can finally get away from that lifestyle and just be Jen again? What’s more irritating is that Titania is trying to sell a new line of beauty products under the She-Hulk name. Will Jen get her name back as she discovers that she’s still Jen where She-Hulk is just something that happened to her and is part of her now?? https://talonnews.org/1336/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-five-mean-green-and-straight-poured-into-these-jeans-breakdown-and-guide/

Hidden Details/Easter Eggs: 

• Jen opens She-Hulk with a fourth wall break saying, “Yes, it’s [this episode] is a self-contained wedding episode. And if you think this is happening at an inconvenient time, you’re right. ‘Cause that’s how weddings always are. But I’m gonna look great, so let’s go.” Many fans were disappointed with episode six due to the tease of the return of fan-favorite DareDevil in the previous episode, episode six, with the subtle hint of his gold helmet and reveal of his new red and yellow suit. Fans are even more enraged that Jen brought that up in her monologue saying how this episode is at “an inconvenient time”. 
  • While Jen is away at a wedding, Mallory and Nikki take on a case surrounding Craig Hollis. “I’m sorry. Didn’t you say your name was Craig Hollis?” “It is. But I go by Mr. Immortal. It’s pithier.” In the comics, Craig actually gets the name, Mr. Immortal due to his powers of immortality. He has actually worked with some familiar faces including Hawkeye and Mockingbird… Maybe he only teams up with bird themed heroes?? 
  • The actor who plays Craig Hollis AKA Mr. Immortal may look familiar to any Star Wars fans out there. He is played by David Pasquesi who portrayed Mok Shaiz’s Majordomo in The Book of Boba Fett. Funny enough this is the second time a Book of Boba Fett actor has appeared in a Marvel project recently. Krrsantan actor, Carey Jones, just played Ted AKA Man-Thing in Marvel Studio’s first special presentation of Werewolf By Night.
  • Throughout the last couple Disney+ series, Marvel has been hiding scannable QR codes in each episode that brings viewers to a free comic book. She-Hulk: Attorney At Law is not much different from Moon Knight. In a couple episodes of She-Hulk there have already been a couple scannable QR codes. In this episode, “Just Jen”, when Mr. Immortal jumps out the window and lands on the security car, a QR can be seen by the tire of the car. When a QR appears, if it is scanned it will bring you to a digital copy of a Marvel comic. 
  • While at the wedding Lulu’s friends, the bride, are arguing over The Twilight debate on which team she’s on. “Lulu!! Team Edward or Jacob?!” This is a hilarious point to be made in the episode, especially when Jen looks directly into the camera with a disgusted look on her face. Lulu then says, “Oh, my… let it rest!! You know I dated both those actors.” This small little detail just shows how Jen is the black sheep of the wedding party. 
  • One of Mr. Immortals previous spouses mention the website “Intelligencia”. This was taken directly from the comics. She-Hulk has an important connection to Intelligencia in the comics since “the group is notably reformed to take on Hulk by MODOK and The Leader, aka Dr. Samuel Sterns.” Dr. Samuel Sterns hasn’t been in the MCU since his debut in the 2008 Incredible Hulk film. His character in the film never was used as The Leader… until now!! It was just revealed that Tim Blake Nelson will be reprising his role from the 2008 film in Captain America: New World Order (scheduled to release in 2024) as The Leader. Which I think we can all agree is about time. I mean it only took them sixteen years to. 
  • BuzzFeed writer, Nora Dominick wrote, “I really hope the little dog Jen has to walk down the aisle with was named Jonathan because of the viral clip of Paul Rudd naming Thor’s hammer. Literally every time they said ‘Jonathan,’ all I could think of was Paul Rudd.” I think we can agree with Nora on that. Fans can all hope this was the writers inspiration especially since it was also speculated from a small detail in episode one, “Normal Amount of Rage” while on their road trip, Jen uses chopsticks to eat her cheetos which has to be a nod to the viral picture of Oscar Isaac doing that exact same thing. I feel like the She-Hulk writers know what Marvel fans want… 
  • Mr. Immortal says, “I still have all of those Apple shares I bought in 1981… plus all the gold left to me by my first wife, Baroness Cromwell.” Craig mentions his first wife, Baroness Cromweel. This is actually a character taken directly from the comics who actually has similar powers to a vampire. 
  • As many fans are complaining about the CGI used on She-Hulk, episode six was not any better and may have made it even worse. While Jen transforms into She-Hulk at Lulu’s wedding after Titania crashes it. Many fans and even haters are comparing She-Hulk look to Princess Fiona from Shrek the Third. Titania hilariously even called She-Hulk, “Shrek”, during their trial in episode five. 

All episodes of She-Hulk are streaming exclusively only Disney+!!

Look out for “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Seven Breakdown and Guide” Coming Soon!!

“Don’t make me angry… You wouldn’t like me angry…”