Get to Know This Year’s Homecoming Court Candidates

HC+Invite

Abby Peluso

Senior SGA members surprised nominees with Homecoming Court “Proposals” during lunches on September 30, 2022.

Akeelah Elsammak, Staff Writer

Ten seniors were selected for Homecoming Court this year. Voting takes place on Friday, and the winners will be announced at Saturday’s dance. The court will also take part in halftime festivities during the Homecoming football game. Here’s a little introduction to this year’s candidates.

Jordan Aviles

Jordan will be campaigning with Antonio Szczech. 

Jordan would like to thank her mother, Nicole Monaco, along with her father, Tony Aviles and her brother, Anthon Jonin, for their support. 

She has cheered on the Varsity Cheerleading team for her sophomore and junior year. Jordan also has been enrolled in Key Club for 2 years and enjoys taking Psychology.

Jordan senior advice is, “To my fellow hawks, these past four years flew by like I never imagined. Make memories with your friends and fellow peers, and even in the toughest times just try to have fun!”

Maya Bachnoski

Maya will be escorted by her parents, Raquel Bachonski and Gene Bachonski and gives them a big shout-out and thanks 

Maya is a hard working athlete who is captain of the varsity volleyball team. She is super involved in school and is very enthusiastic about school spirit and pride. 

Maya is also the life of the party and on the weekends you can find her making amazing memories with her best friends. In the future she plans to attend a four year university in Florida and major in speech pathology.

Maya’s favorite motto that she lives by is “You only live once.”

Bri Calafati

Bri will be campaigning with Anthony Raimondi.

She would like to thank her parents, Tracy and Nicholas Calafati, for their support.

Bri is on the varsity lacrosse team and is a member of NHS.

Her favorite quote is, “Giving up is way harder than trying,” by Kanye West.

Michael Loffredo

Michael will be campaigning with Riley Reardon 

Michael would like to shout-out & thank his family members and parents, Anthony and Michele Loffredo

Michael is a four-year varsity cross country/track athlete, NHS member, Honors and AP student. 

He enjoys hanging out with his friends, watching movies and going on runs around town. Michael plans on attending and graduating from a four-year university also. 

Michael wants the Hawks to remember, “Even if you don’t realize it, you are moving forward.” -Anonymous

Nick Loffredo

Nick would like to thank his parents, Anthony and Michele Loffredo. 

He’s been a member of the cross country team for four years and is also on winter track, spring track and field, and an NHS member.

Nick’s favorite quote is “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” by John C. Maxwell.

Anthony Raimondi

Anthony will be campaigning with Bri Calafati. 

He is on the varsity soccer team, winter track team, and spring track and field teams, and participates in drama club.

Anthony loves Roblox and video games, loves singing, and has a passion for animals and nature. After high school, he plans to either join the U.S. Army or go to college and study environmental science or communications. His favorite memory is when he would kick back every day during fourth period with his two favorite teachers, Ms. Adams and Mrs. McKiernan. His advice to fellow Hawks is to stop trippin’ over what other people think and just enjoy yourself.

Riley Reardon

Riley is campaigning with Michael Loffredo. 

Riley would like to shout-out & thank her family for being her biggest motivators in life.

Riley is a four-year Athlete and Varsity Captain of Girl’s Field Hockey, a NHS member,  two-year SGA Officer and Book Club founder and President. She would like to thank Mr. Eckert for helping her pursue a love of film and production, Ms. Singer, Coach Maloney for always believing in her and her Advisors Mrs. Staples and Berhalter.

Riley believes she has the best friends a person can ask for her; they inspire her everyday. She gives special thanks to Maddie, Abby, Sianna and Livvie for listening to her consistent rants. She cannot live without her brother: Sean, her cat: Boots, and  listening to music. She hopes to travel all of Europe in her 20’s, graduate from university and be fluent in both Spanish and French.

Riley’s favorite quote is,”With freedom, books, flowers and the moon, who could not be happy?” – Oscar Wilde

Ben Said

Ben will be campaigning with Precious Sison. 

He would like to shout-out & thank his family member Doug Said. 

Ben has been in the school band for 4 years and plans to join the US Navy.

Ben’s inspirational quote is, “Make it a great night or not.” 

Precious Sison

Precious will be campaigning with Ben Said.

Precious will like to shout-out & thank her mother, Evangeline Bucher and her sister, Princess Sison.

She has been involved in Softball for 2 years and is thankful for Coach Eno, Coach O’Connor, Coach Maloney, and Middle school coach, Coach Columbo.

Precious plans to become a nurse and enjoys weight lifting. She can deadlift up to 350 lbs! 

Precious wants the Hawks to remember to “Enjoy high school everyday, It goes by way too fast.”

Antonio Szczech

Antonio is campaigning with Jordan Aviles.

He’d like to thank his family and friends. 

Antonio has been a volleyball player for four years and began playing varsity boys soccer this year. He hopes to travel around the world and continue his education after high school. 

He advises fellow Hawks to enjoy and embrace high school, because you only have one high school experience.

Don’t forget to go to the Homecoming Dance on Saturday to see who is crowned King and Queen!