Manchester Girls Softball Getting Ready To Make History

Sports Preview 2023

Audrey Franolich, Junior Content Editor

The lady hawks are ready to make this year one of the best! Most of them have worked hard in the off-season to come to this point and take on B-South. This season is not only for themselves but for their soon-retiring Head Coach Colombo. Coach Colombo has led the softball program at the high school for seventeen years, but he has recently expressed this will be the last season of girl’s softball he will be coaching. Coach Colombo has impacted these girls greatly and they hope to see him visit every once in a while in upcoming seasons. With that being said, senior captains, Madalynn O’Neill and Sianna Blackwell hope to end their careers with not only a B-South championship but a team that they know will stay standing when it is their time to go. Assistant Coach Eno, who will be the new head coach next year, is making sure these girls are ready for their upcoming rivals. 

The new season started on April 4th and the girls performed as if they didn’t miss a beat. Jackson Liberty was their first opponent of the season and Manchester crushed them with a 19-1 win. Starting the season with a bang the Manchester Township softball team is ready for a great season. They’re ready to make it count!

**Due to where Spring Break fell this year and our final yearbook deadline, all sport preview articles were delayed in publishing. We apologize for the hold up. – Editorial Staff**