The Student News Site of Manchester Township High School

The Talon

Recent Scores
  • Apr 17 / GolfManchester Township High School - 172, Lacey - 194
  • Apr 15 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 0, Barnegat - 7
  • Apr 15 / Boys TennisManchester Township High School - 1, Lacey - 4
  • Apr 15 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 10, Keyport - 0
  • Apr 15 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 7, Donovan Catholic - 10
  • Apr 13 / SoftballManchester Township High School - 4, Toms River North - 14
  • Apr 12 / GolfManchester Township High School - 166, Toms River East - 186
  • Apr 11 / LacrosseManchester Township High School - 1, Long Branch - 11
  • Apr 11 / Boys VolleyballManchester Township High School - 2, Donovan Catholic - 0
  • Apr 10 / BaseballManchester Township High School - 1, Point Pleasant Boro - 7

The Talon

The Talon

Brother to Brother Connection leads the Hawks to a win over Barnegat

Manchester (4-2, 2-0) and Barnegat (2-3, 1-2) both entered Wednesday’s varsity boys soccer game looking to steal a pivotal division win. The Hawks have beaten Barnegat in each of their last 4 matchups, so Barnegat looked to end this streak on the Hawk’s home turf.

The game was a defensive battle for a major part of a game. Both teams were able to generate good offensive chances, but neither side could put it away. That was until, some brotherly connection found the back of the net in the 67th minute. Junior center midfielder Aiden Clauburg got fouled right outside the 18-yard box. Sophomore defender Brayden Kurak lined up to take the kick and was able to find his brother Joey who slotted the ball into the bottom left corner.

5 minutes later, the Hawks earned a free kick again right outside the 18-yard box again, this time with Joey Kurak drawing the foul. Like the previous foul, Brayden Kurak lined up to take the kick, this time chipping the wall and finding his brother Joey again who finished it for his second goal of the match.

The Hawks were able to hold off the Barnegat attack for the remaining 8 minutes of the match and walked away with an important divisional win.