She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Season Finale Episode Nine: “Whose Show Is This?” Breakdown and Guide

This article is part of the entertainment column “The Daily Bugle” “Don’t make me angry… You wouldn’t like me angry…” Jennifer finds herself in trouble with the law with some legal issues after her little meltdown at the end of episode eight. She’s finding it difficult to pick up the pieces of her broken life as well as being She-Hulk. Not only is Jen dealing with NOT being She-Hulk anymore but needs to find out who is the face behind Intelligencia… Who is the villain in the She-Hulk series?? What familiar faces will show up to help Jen?? Or will some new faces show up?? Find out in the season finale of She-Hulk: Attorney At Law.

https%3A%2F%2Fp2.trrsf.com%2Fimage%2Ffget%2Fcf%2F940%2F0%2Fimages.terra.com%2F2021%2F11%2F12%2F1160794413-tatiana-maslany-she-hulk-mark-ruffalo-hulk.jpg

https://p2.trrsf.com/image/fget/cf/940/0/images.terra.com/2021/11/12/1160794413-tatiana-maslany-she-hulk-mark-ruffalo-hulk.jpg

Val Kohan, Editor-in-Chief/Entertainment Columnist

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Nine: “Whose Show Is This?” 

originally aired on October 13th, 2022.

Spoilers Ahead!

Though She-Hulk has already appeared in other animated series this is the first time She-Hulk has ever been live-action with her own solo project on Disney+. Since the Incredible Hulk is a more popular character than She-Hulk, her comic history isn’t as known. So before watching She-Hulk: Attorney At Law fans should know some basic background information on a lesser known character. The character of She-Hulk first appeared in 1980 in her own solo comic book series, She-Hulk. Jennifer Walters, our main character of the series, later transforms into the title character. Jen is just a normal lawyer, well not that normal. She is an attorney at law in Los Angeles hence the title of the Disney+ series. She first becomes She-Hulk after obtaining a dangerous injury, Jennifer gets a blood transfusion with donated blood from her cousin, Bruce Banner. Due to acquiring some of his blood, she becomes a milder version of the Hulk… AKA She-Hulk. 

(this episode runs for thirty-five minutes)

PREVIOUS ARTICLES:

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Series Premiere Episode One: ‘Normal Amount of Rage’ Breakdown and Guide” which shows the origin story of how Jennifer Walters, an attorney at law, was left with superpowers turning her into a Hulk!! Well… a She-Hulk. Can Jen return back to her normal life as a lawyer or will trouble find her superpowered counterpart??

https://talonnews.org/1047/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-series-premiere-episode-one-normal-amount-of-rage-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Two: ‘Superhuman Law’ Breakdown and Guide” where Jennifer Walters is let go from her previous law firm but is now hired by a more prestigious one. Only catch, she must practice as She-Hulk. GLK/H hired She-Hulk not Jennifer. Will this affect Jen’s work while she deals with a difficult client who is a bit of an abomination??

https://talonnews.org/1143/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-two-superhuman-law-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Three: ‘The People vs. Emil Blonsky’ Breakdown and Guide” where Jennifer Walters has to represent her client, Emil Blonsky, who is a bit of an abomination, as he is up for parole. But at a hearing revolving around an ex-military science experiment who did attack her cousin, Bruce, what’s the worst that can happen?? Will tracking down the Sorcerer Supreme help her case or cause more trouble??

https://talonnews.org/1273/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-three-the-people-vs-emil-blonsky-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Four: “Is This Not Real Magic?” Breakdown and Guide” where Wongers needs Jen’s help after a rogue magician (a former student of the Mystic Arts at Kamar-Taj), Donny Blaze, who is a stage magician, starts sending people from the audience through portals and putting them in grave danger!! Wongers meets his new best friend, Madisynn- “with two Ns, one Y but it’s not where you thiiiiiiiink!!” 

https://talonnews.org/1286/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-four-is-this-not-real-magic-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Five: “Mean, Green, and Straight Poured into These Jeans” Breakdown and Guide” where Jennifer Walters, AKA an attorney at law, is being sued for trademark infringement, by, you’d never guess, Titania. Jen quickly learns that Titania trademarked the name “She-Hulk” and now that she owns Jen’s superhero alias does that mean she can finally get away from that lifestyle and just be Jen again? What’s more irritating is that Titania is trying to sell a new line of beauty products under the She-Hulk name. Will Jen get her name back as she discovers that she’s still Jen where She-Hulk is just something that happened to her and is part of her now?? 

https://talonnews.org/1336/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-five-mean-green-and-straight-poured-into-these-jeans-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Six: “Just Jen” Breakdown and Guide” where Jen is invited to an old friend’s wedding as a bridesmaid, can she juggle her normal life as just Jen as well as her unique She-Hulk hero issues?? 

https://talonnews.org/1340/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-six-just-jen-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Seven: “The Retreat” Breakdown and Guide” As Emil Blonsky´s lawyer, Jennifer must visit his wellness retreat as she struggles with being ghosted by her recent date. While stuck at the retreat with other heroes Emil has rounded up, Jennifer discovers more about herself and her life with She-Hulk with the help of some unlikely friends. 

https://talonnews.org/1372/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-seven-the-retreat-breakdown-and-guide/

Go check out the previous She-Hulk: Attorney At Law article titled, “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law Episode Eight: “Ribbit and Rip It” Breakdown and Guide” As Eugene or Leap-Frog would call him, “So, the devil ninja guy, he’s a lawyer?” He’s not just any lawyer… He’s a really good lawyer. And he’s back. Jennifer is entangled in a case between her fashion designer, Luke, and an important client at her law firm, who also happens to be a hero, Leap-Frog. Jen’s life and job becomes more complicated while she encounters a really good lawyer, Matt Murdock, who’s keeping a secret. “Wow. Secret double lives of Matt Murdock, how does he do it?” 

https://talonnews.org/1396/entertainment/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-episode-eight-ribbit-and-rip-it-breakdown-and-guide/

Hidden Details/Easter Eggs: 

• The opening sequence for the final of She-Hulk: Attorney At Law was a nod to the opening credits from the 1978 The Incredible Hulk series. The recreation was probably the highlight of the entire episode. In She-Hulk: Attorney At Law they narrated, “Jennifer Walters, Esq. Lawyer, millennial, searching for a way to balance a career and her personal life.” Where in the original Incredible Hulk series they narrated, “Dr. David Bruce Banner. Physician, scientist, searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths all humans have.” The side by side comparison is uncanny. 
Here is a side by side comparison of The Incredible Hulk opening with the She-Hulk: Attorney At Law spoof. The comparison is uncanny and Marvel definitely delivered with this opening.
  • One of the fan favorite parts of the opening sequence which was a complete nod to the 1978 series was when Jen used the iconic catchphrase while standing next to Mark Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner whose outfit was taken directly from the 70s opening. “Don’t make me angry… You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry…” 
  • The entire opening sequence is perfect for the actual trademark story surrounding She-Hulk, Marvel, and Stan Lee. Originally when The Incredible Hulk show was airing Stan Lee along with John Buscema created the character She-Hulk and wrote Savage She-Hulk issue one in order to stop the company behind the 70s Hulk series to create a spinoff series with a female character while the Hulk was at its peak.
  • Even the narration is also exact to The Incredible Hulk. In The Incredible Hulk they narrate, “Then, an accidental overdose of gamma radiation alters his body chemistry.” Where in She-Hulk: Attorney At Law it says, “Then, an accidental dose of gamma-radiated blood alters her body chemistry.” This is of course changed to be more accurate to Jennifer Walter’s origin story. 
  • The She-Hulk opening ends with the title card reading, The Savage She-Hulk, which is not only a nod to the original Incredible Hulk series but to the very first She-Hulk comic issue of the same name. The ending title card is a perfect shot of Jennifer Walter’s face split with She-Hulk with a retro look of course. 
  • In Jen’s childhood she has posters of lawyer-themed movies hanging around her room like Legally Blonde and Erin Brockovich
  • Nikki posts a video of Jen from college hilariously dancing to lure HulkKing and his followers out. Most of the top comments on the post are hating on She-Hulk, which is the entire purpose of HulkKing. One of the comments reads, “So she spent law school dancing, instead of studying.”
  • When Pug sneaks into the Intelligencia meeting some of the HulkKing followers say, “And Lady Thor?” “Hey, guys, she just sucks, okay? And I’m not just saying that because she’s a female. I would have the same criticisms if she was a man.” First things first, the She-Hulk has been hilariously plugging in actual comments that have been said on countless social media outlets which are very sexist revolving around the most recent female superheroes. This was kind of the purpose of the She-Hulk series, to break away from stereotypical superhero projects which just happens to star a female hero. Secondly, the HulkKing followers mention “Lady Thor” which is a direct reference to the Mighty Thor AKA Dr. Jane Foster, this is the first mention of the character since her appearance in Thor: Love and Thunder
  • In episode nine of She-Hulk: Attorney At Law, Jen breaks the fourth wall yet again… but this time actually breaks the fourth wall by pausing the She-Hulk program going on the Marval page of Disney+ and moved from She-Hulk to Assembled. If fans didn’t know, Assembled is a Disney+ exclusive documentary series of specials that goes behind the scenes of Phase Four projects of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Disney+ series and films. Not only does this documentary special go behind the scenes but also go in depth of the making of each Marvel project while interviewing essential workers on the projects such as the directors, writers, actors, designers, executives, etc. Streaming on Disney+ are Assembled documentaries following projects such as WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, Black Widow, What If…?, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, The Eternals, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (which is hilariously hosted by Bruce Campbell), and Ms. Marvel. Fans are assuming that in no time Marvel will release the making of She-Hulk: Attorney At Law. 
  • When She-Hulk literally breaks the fourth wall, you can hear two workers talking about Thor and the Infinity Gauntlet in the background. “So, tell me about the Infinity Gauntlet. It’s amazing.” “So back when we were working on the first Thor movie, they had come to me and asked me to make a gauntlet.” This is a direct mention of the fake gauntlet seen in Thor
  • There are plenty of hidden details when She-Hulk breaks out of her own series. As she is wandering around, you can notice she is walking through the actual Disney Studios in California. It is most distinctive based on the famous building of the seven dwarf statues from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs holding up the roof. 
  • Throughout the last couple Disney+ series, Marvel has been hiding scannable QR codes in each episode that brings viewers to a free comic book. She-Hulk: Attorney At Law is not much different from Moon Knight. In a couple episodes of She-Hulk there have already been a couple scannable QR codes. In this episode, “Whose Show Is This?”, when Jen breaks into the She-Hulk production office, on the door a QR can be seen next to the sign that reads, “She-Hulk Production”. When a QR appears, if it is scanned it will bring you to a digital copy of a Marvel comic. 
  • While breaking into the production office, a classic Captain America propaganda sign can be seen next to the door that reads, “I want YOU”. This is of course a nod to Captain America: The First Avenger when Steve goes on the USO Tour to sell war bonds as Captain America. “Every bond you buy is a bullet in the barrel of your best guy’s gun!!”
  • When She-Hulk sneaks into the She-Hulk writers room, fans can spot the creator and writer of the series, Jessica Gao at the table. Behind the meeting table is yet another Captain America “I want YOU” poster. 
  • The She-Hulk writers tell Jen that they have strict instructions to follow since there are certain storylines that have to be included since it is what “KEVIN wants.” “This is the story that KEVIN wants.” “Okay, then I wanna talk to Kevin.” [everyone laughs] “No one talks to KEVIN.” This is a hialois nod to Kevin Feige, the President of Marvel Studios, who is the executive producer of every Marvel project and basically just oversees the entire MCU. 
  • While She-Hulk is one her way to meet up with KEVIN, fans see her walk through the real Marvel Studios office in Burbank. This is most notable by the Iron Man suit line up they have in their main office. 
  • When She-Hulk finally meets up with KEVIN, it is revealed he is actually a robot. “Kevin?!” “It stands for ‘Knowledge Enhanced Visual Interconnectivity Nexus.’” The ‘N’ in KEVIN stands for “Nexus” which is a nod to the “Nexus” from WandaVision and most importantly, Loki. The robot, KEVIN, then asks, “Were you expecting a man?” This is yet another nod to Marvel Studios President, Kevin Feige. 
  • She-Hulk: Attorney At Law has received a lot of backlash and hate, most of which includes comments surrounding the questionable CGI of the character She-Hulk herself. KEVIN even jokes about the visuals of She-Hulk being too expensive stating, “I will answer your questions, but you must transform back to Jennifer. You are very expensive.” “Oh, sure.” KEVIN then goes on to explain, “But wait until the camera is off you. The visual effects team has moved on to another project.” When KEVIN says that the VFX team has moved to another project, the Black Panther theme can be heard. This is of course since Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is the next Marvel project set to release after She-Hulk: Attorney At Law
  • Jen asks KEVIN, “What’s with all the daddy issues? We got Tony Stark. Daddy issues. Thor. Daddy issues. Loki. Sam daddy, same issues. Star-Lord. Two daddies, two issues.” She then makes eye contact with the camera and asks, “Oh, when are we getting the X-Men?”, while giving the audience a thumbs-up. All her questions are quite valid, because fans want to know, when will we be getting the X-Men? Fans have been anticipating the Fantastic Four which will finally be introduced in the MCU in a solo film in 2025. However, fans must be thankful since we not only got John Krasinski as Reed Richards in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness but Patrick Stewart reprising his role as Professor X since his last appearance in Logan (2017). 
  • BuzzFeed pointed out that, “While Jen talks to K.E.V.I.N., you can spot several Marvel comics in a display case. Most notably, you can see America Chavez: Made in the USA Issue #1, an issue of She-Hulk Issue #1 by Rainbow Rowell, and Scarlet Witch Issue #4, which is part of the iconic Witches Road storyline.” Rainbow Rowell’s She-Hulk comic series is phenomenal and fans of the character should check it out even if they did not enjoy the MCU She-Hulk series. BuzzFeed continues saying, “when Jen walks around the room giving her closing argument about why she deserves a better finale, you can see Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, Captain America, and The Incredible Hulk comics.” 
  • Jen says, “That’s what Hulks do. We smash things. Bruce smashes buildings. I smash fourth walls and bad endings… And sometimes Matt Murdock.” 
  • When Jen is about to leave her meeting with KEVIN and go back to her finale, she says, “But Bruce is supposed to return to explain what he was doing…” “No. We don’t need to hear any of that.” “But we were going to introduce…” “Uhhh, save it for the movie.” When KEVIN says to, “save it for the movie”, this is a nod to the suspected Planet Hulk or World War Hulk movie She-Hulk is setting up with Mark Ruffalo returning as Bruce Banner/The Hulk. The film would be based on the comics of the same name. 
  • Charlie Cox is once again back as Matt Murdock but this time as Jen’s plus one to a family picnic. “Now, Matt, Jen tells me you own your own practice.” “Yeah, in Hell’s Kitchen.” This is a nod to Matt Murdock’s firm, Nelson and Murdock, he shares with his partner, Foggy Nelson. But based on the season three finale of DareDevil it is now, “Nelson Murdock & Page”. 
  • Jen’s aunt says, “Hell’s Kitchen doesn’t sound like a very nice area.” Matt then explains, “It’s not glamorous, but I grew up there.” From DareDevil, Hell’s Kitchen is one of the most sketchy part of New York between the crime lords like Kingpin running loose, crazy villains like Bullseye, and even anti-heroes like The Punisher running around, vigilante “The Devil of Hell’s Kitchen” AKA DareDevil is a great addition to keep his city safe. 
  • In the final minutes of the She-Hulk finale, Hulk shows up and explains where he’s been and why he had to go to Sakaar. “I know I’ve been away on Sakaar for a while. I’ll tell you all about it.” We are then introduced to his son, Skaar. “But first, I have someone here that I’d like you all to meet. This is my son, Skaar.” Since Skaar was on Sakaar which was where Hulk was between the times of Age of Ultron to Infinity War in which we all saw in Thor: Ragnarok. This means he must have been pretty, pretty busy on Sakaar before the events of Ragnarok
  • It’s assumed that fans will learn more about the newly introduced character of Skaar in future Marvel projects. Skaar is a character from the comic which would tie directly into a World War Hulk or Planet Hulk project, meaning it looks pretty promising another Hulk project will be in the works. 
  • Wong appears in the credit scene to break Emil Blonsky out of prison… again. This time bringing him to Kamar-Taj. Blonsky asks, “What about Wi-Fi?” Wong replies, “We have Wi-Fi.” This is a nod to Doctor Strange when Mordo hands Stephen a paper that says, “Shamballa”. Stephen asks, “What is this? My mantra?” Mordo says, “The Wi-Fi password. We’re not savages.” 

All episodes of She-Hulk are streaming exclusively only Disney+!!

“Don’t make me angry… You wouldn’t like me angry…”